14 December 2007

My Art Lessons

I've been taking painting lessons. My teacher is a friend of mine, Adele and this week marks our 3rd lesson. Generally I have a lesson every 2 weeks for 2 hours. We started one painting and then Adele suggested I do something basic to learn the basics so here's my first 2 basic lessons.

The black and white painting was to learn how to blend and the coloured painting to again using blending techniques but not being so pedantic, more a rough type of job - if that makes sense.



The top left drawing will be created using mixed media. The bottle will be covered in green sequins, the top of the bottle will be cork, the table will be pipecleaners painted brown, the label newspaper and the background silver paint.

The top right drawing will be using the 'Impresto' technique. I cannot remember what that technique is about so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Here's to more creativity in your life!

No comments: