17 February 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Chinese New Year is being celebrated right throughout Hong Kong and China... tonight at the stroke of midnight fire crackers started dancing and echo across the harbour. As you look out over our balcony a sea of red, round lanterns line the walkway and their reflection on the marina is gorgeous.

This year I wasn't as shy as the last... instead of saying "Happy New Year", I actually said "Kung Hei Fat Choi" and wrote it on emails when dealing with business associates. I did get a few giggles as I stumbled over my words and sometimes said them ass about.

This year is a big year for babies... here in Hong Kong as well as Oz. There will be 2 born in March, another 2 in May and 1 in July. I have a feeling there is another but I've not heard yet. So to all you lovely pregnant ones, your babe will be born in the Year of the Pig.

And as the Chinese wishes go... Kung Hei Fat Choi! May your Year be Prosperous!

Here are some photos that Adele took on the last day of school. Adele teaches English at a local school and the children were dressed to celebrate the Chinese New Year festivities.




1 comment:

DanniLake said...

So colourful!! And good on you for getting in on the celebrations!! :)