19 November 2007

Out & About

Today Nick and I went into town for brunch and then wandered the streets of Sheung Wan. I took my camera just in case there were some photo opportunities.

We stopped in at the Man Mo Temple. It is one of the oldest and most beautiful temples on Hong Kong island. Built in the 1800s, the temple is dedicated to two deities: Man, the god of literature, and Mo, the god of war.



We then found a small antique style market in a side street not too far from the temple. I love to explore these places and this is the time I wished I was fluent in Cantonese. There were a few antique stores open and they had the most amazing statues of Buddha and Kuan-yin.

To view the rest of my photos, visit my Out & About in Hong Kong album and scroll through the photos of the fishing village, to the end.

I've also started taking lessons on how to paint. My teacher, Adele is a friend of mine and she's quiet talented but doesn't show her work. You can check out the progress of my work in My Artwork album. I'm also going to be adding any jewellery pieces I make.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole. I love your artwork. You are a very talented woman!!