04 August 2007

I Won!!!

I won tickets to see The Cure live in concert.

Nick couldn't come with me so I took a buddy of his, Bruce. Bruce happened to be in Hong Kong for some training - he's with Cathay based out of Australia.

I was meant to go to the concert but it took me to win the tickets to realise this. First Nick said he'd buy me a ticket to see them but couldn't come with me. I said no, I didn't want to go by myself. Then Bruce rang and asked if we were interested in going but he couldn't buy tickets just yet because he wasn't sure about his roster. Then I won them!!!

They played for 3 hours... yep... 3 hours. And they were FANTASTIC!!! I was so impressed and they sounded just like they do on their records. You know how sometimes a band doesn't sound the same live, they were great.

They played a mix of old and new but you could tell their old hits were everyone's favourites. It was an older crowd (my age and up) because really their hey days were back in the 80's early 90's.

I'm so glad I got to go and Bruce, he had a fantastic time too. Well worth it!

No comments: